10 Things You Probably Don't Know About Max Hamby & the Blood Diamond
1. It is the first full length novel I've ever written.
2. It took four plus years to get up the courage to write & finish it.
3. It is a children's fantasy, but I wrote it in a way where people of all ages will enjoy it.
4. The title and main character came to me in 2010. The story came in bits and pieces. I added each piece to a binder for the next four years.
5. One of my favorite characters in the book is Crazy Alice. She's extremely unpredictable.
6. I knew before I started writing this story that it would be a fantasy. I love witches, wizards, fantasy creatures and magic.
7. Some characters in the book are modeled after friends & family, past & present.
8. The Downs is a massive, mostly unexplored, forest. It divides the magical from the non-magical. No one really knows what or who lives there.
9. The Trith, half-man & half-beast, came from a nightmare I had years ago.
10. The very first draft was horrible and had to be dumped. I don't even like to call it a draft, as it was 80% telling.
#books #Author #book #kidlit #middlegrade #selfpub #bookseries #maxhamby #publishing #ebook #childrensauthor #MGlit